DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
It is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”).
THE HYPE LIFE MAGAZINE respects the legitimate rights of copyright owners, and has adopted an efficient notice and takedown procedure as required by the DMCA and described herein.
This policy is intended to guide copyright owners in utilizing that procedure.
When a valid DMCA notification is received, THE HYPE LIFE MAGAZINE responds under this process by taking down the offending content.
It is expected that all users of any part of the THE HYPE LIFE MAGAZINE will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if THE HYPE LIFE MAGAZINE is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. THE HYPE LIE MAGAZINE will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received by its Designated Agent.
A written notification must be made. This can be done either by email or written letter (regular mail or courier).
The notification must:
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e., describe the work that you own).
2. Identify the in-world item that you claim is infringing on your copyright, and provide information reasonably sufficient to locate the item in-world. For example “The allegedly infringing work I am referring to is located on the map area labeled ‘Freelon, 104,30,56′.”
3. Provide a reasonably sufficient method of contacting you; phone number and email address would be preferred.
4. (Optional) Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the user(s) who posted the content that allegedly contains infringing material. You may also provide screenshots or other materials that are helpful to identify the works in question. (This is for identification only, not to “prove” substantive claims.)
5. Include the following statement: “I have good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law.”
6. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
7. Sign the document.
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at THE HYPE LIFE MAGAZINE:
PO. Box. 8200, Kingston CSO, Jamaica, W.I.
Alternatively, email the document to:
For the subject, please write ATTN: DMCA NOTIFICATION